Eleven Hair Volume Tips
- Use good volumising shampoo and conditioner. Apply the conditioners at the middle and ends of the hair.
- Use towel to let your hair air dry for about five minutes before blow drying.
- Divide your hair into manageable layers. These layers gives the look of increases the hair volume.
- Apply voluminousness mousse just above the root of the hairs. Avoid the very scalp; any product left on the scalp will dry on the scalp and leave your scalp feeling itchy. Mousse gives styling in the hair.
- Use reverse blow drying that is simple upside down blow. To add volume, the roots must be dried first. Blow from the inside out. Blow it dry up to 75% to 85% with your head upside down to set in the volume with heat. Dry evenly over the whole hair. You may use a diffuser piece on your hairdryer. This will soften the blast of the hairdryer. Experiment and see what fits best for you and your hair.
- Apply blow dry parallel to the hair not perpendicular to the hair.
- Allow more air circulation in the root area. Air circulation gives volume. Never aim the blow dryer directly at your scalp. Always aim the blow dryer down.
- Keep the blow dryer about 6 to 10 inches away from your hair. Adjust your head sometimes tilt the tip the head upside down.
- Softly massage the hairs with your fingertips. This will assist the hair to return to a the natural state. Be careful not to overdo the little massage.
- Use good brush. The brush needs to have a large head and have the ability to grab the hair. This helps to pull the hair straight while blow drying. You may use ceramic brush.
- Weather plays a big role for voluminous hair styles. Adjust your dryer according to the weather.
Don'ts For Hair Volume
- Don't apply too many hair products. These may weight your hair down.
- Dry evenly over the whole hair. Don't try to dry one area and then move on to the next.
- Do not blow the dryer directly at your scalp.
- Do not move your head back and front too quickly, that may destroy the curls in the hair.
- Do not apply volumizing sprays, which contains too much alcohol.
- Avoid waxy products that can cause thin hair to clump at the roots and give the appearance of even less hair.